Thursday 12 April 2012

Under starter's orders...

Sorry, will have to conclude the posts on the Aerofit scan next week. Been super busy today, time has run away with me and the results of the Aerofit are, I think, really interesting, so I want to take my time over that post.

Fun weekend coming up with what will definitely be my last race of the UAE triathlon season - Tri Yas. Given that I'm into my Ironman training block, I probably shouldn't be taking part, but it's a cool event - the swim is in the marina in front of the hotel, transition takes place in the pit lane, and the bike is on the actual F1 track... so I couldn't resist.

By way of a compromise, I've managed to fit in tomorrow's training during the rest of the week and am just doing the sprint distance (there's an Olympic distance race too) so recovery will be quick and painless.

It's done in waves and I'm in the last wave of the day which is awesome as it means there'll be other people out on the course, so I'll actually get to overtake some athletes (passing people is a rarity for me; due to my strong swim, I'm usually the hare who gets caught)... so I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise in advance to anyone racing tomorrow who has to put up with me making a high-pitched F1 car transition noise all the way around. Especially if I happen to overtake you and make a 'changing down' noise in the process!

Will report back next week.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.