Thursday 22 March 2012

NEXT...

I can't believe it's been 6 months since Ironman Wales - in some ways, it feels like it happened to me (that's the best way I can describe that course - it happened to me!) only yesterday; in other ways, thanks to a good racing season here in the UAE and mainly due to joining TeamT2A, it feels like it happened to a completely different athlete a long time ago.

Well, with six months to go to the next IM Wales and the following promo video coming out for he 2012 race (bringing back all sorts of memories - tho the hills and conditions don't look anywhere near as bad on here!) it seems like a good time to rule a line under one experience and look forward to others.

The next two weekends should be pretty fun ones: tomorrow is the final race of the local Aerofit sprint series in Ghantoot and, as I'm not quite back up to full speed, I'm going to vary my pacing a little to see how that affects my overall time.

The following weekend, the team is heading to Al Ain and, more specifically, to Jebel Hafeet for a training camp on the side of a mountain. I've heard many tales from previous editions and it promises to be emotional up there! Looking forward to that and, in between, just getting a full and solid week of training in for the first time in almost two months since before I was ill.

Lots of blogging to come in the next few days and weeks... hope you'll enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.